Happy New Year!
I hope all of you Tourists had an amazing time ringing in the New Year with friends and loved ones. After all, that’s the best part of celebrating holidays. Things around here have been pretty quiet, including New Years, where we just stayed in and watched a movie. Yes, I know – how boring, and yet it was great. I have proudly made it to Day 22 of my Staycation so far, without losing my mind. For those of you who know me well, I have twitchy and itchy feet, and staying in one place for long periods of time is just not my thing. I love goal setting, adventures and new travel experiences. I was just thinking today, that I can’t remember the last time I was settled in one spot for so long. Then I remembered, oh wait, THAT WAS THIS TIME, LAST YEAR. Silly me. Last year, I was home for the holidays for multiple weeks, but we were so busy unpacking into our townhouse, that I didn’t notice as much.
This year has seen many changes for both Chris and myself, including the launch of The Thirsty Tourist website. After much initial speculation, opinions and the uncertainty of anything that is new and unknown, this has been channeled into positive enforcement and support. Thank you to all of our readers, friends and loved ones for following our 2015 travel journey. We plan to have an even better 2016 with you!
The Bucket List
Every year I am a stickler for sitting down and planning our goals for the New Year. I find that it is important to do, even if you don’t end up carrying all of your goals through. Chris on the other hand, doesn’t bother. It’s all about different personalities, and what works for you. Since Chris doesn’t set any in-print goals, I just plan to set some for him anyways…
Here Is What I Did In 2015:
- Experienced the wonderful states of New York, Arizona, Utah, Alaska, Atlanta, and Florida
- Took our “Honeymoon” that we never had when we got married 3 years ago, in New Orleans
- Hosted both sets of our parents and one of my best friends in Vancouver
- Took a once in a lifetime trip to China, but unfortunately was deathly ill for most of it…
and Here Is What I Have Planned for 2016:
- Go Cruising: This will be my very first cruise, and I am excited to experience the cruise ship life and all of the port destinations along the route.
- Go RV’ing: Since we have 2 humans and 4 pets in our family, it is difficult and almost impossible for both Chris and myself to travel together very often. We plan to rent an RV and tour across the Pacific Northwest states for 7-9 days. Wish us luck.
- Explore Banff and Lake Louise in gorgeous Alberta. Oh, and let’s add the restriction of, in the summer. I don’t want to explore Alberta in the winter. I explore enough of northern British Columbia in the snowy winter as it is, which is basically the same thing. My camera is ready to take pictures of the beautiful blue water and mountains, and share them with you. I also want to challenge myself to do a canoe adventure in one of the National Parks there. Perhaps my bestie Holly from the Inspired Home will join me.
- Travel Somewhere Far: I’m not sure where this will be yet. I’d like to cross off another country from my bucket list. I’m interested in Iceland, Greenland, anywhere in Europe, Cape Town, Australia, and the Philippines. So basically everywhere. Since I only have 2 weeks vacation time per year, and I travel on a budget, I’ll have to be a bit picky about which destination gets crossed off.
Here is to a Happy and Healthy 2016!
Like This? PIN IT!
Latest posts by Carolynne (see all)
- On Life, Love & Loss: Is Long-Term #Travel Selfish? - May 12, 2017
- Tax Time Tips: Maximize Your Return So You Can Travel! - April 27, 2017
- Read It Or Leave It Part 7: A House In The Sky - April 17, 2017